ITEC Terms & Conditions General Conditions
- Participants are required to obtain from the Indian Mission the contact telephone/mobile numbers of the Course Coordinator and the Institute. They must familiarize themselves with the weather conditions and the type of clothes to be carried to India
- Participants are required to conduct themselves with discipline and abide by rules, regulations and guidelines as stipulated by both the nominating Government and the Government of India
- Participants are required to complete the training Course. Request for change of Course midway would not be entertained.
- Participants are required to abide by the rules of the university/institution/establishment in which the participant is selected to undergo the training as well as participate in all Course-related activities including submission of periodic assessments/tests as conducted by the Institute.
- Participants are to refrain from engaging in any political activity and/or any form of employment for profit or gain.
- Participants are not allowed to bring along their spouses or families for the duration of the Course. No such request would be entertained by Government of India.
- Participants are required to return to their countries upon completion of the training Course.
- Participants who leave the Course midway without prior intimation/permission of the Ministry of External Affairs or remain absent from the Course without sufficient reasons are liable to refund the cost of training and airfare to Government of India.
- Participants are taken on study tour(s) as part of their Course Curriculum to visit different heritage sites/places of interest in India. No requests for any additional private tourism, etc. will be entertained during the Course.
- ITEC sponsorship may be cancelled at any time due to unsatisfactory conduct, breach of conditions of the Programme, failure to make satisfactory progress in the training Course or for other sufficient reasons as determined by the Government of India.
- Female participants are advised to abstain from joining training Courses if they are in family way prior to their departure for India.
ITEC Terms and Conditions
- Air Fare The Government of India provides excursion/economy class air tickets for travel of participants from the capital city of the participants' country to the training Institute in India and back.
- Visa Prior to departure for training in India, participants are advised to apply for Visa to the Embassy/High Commission of India, accredited or concurrently accredited to their country. Visa is issued gratis to them. Visa issued for the Course cannot be utilized for some other purpose.
- Course Fees Course fees are borne by the Government of India.
- Accommodation Accommodation is provided by Government of India in hostel/hotel, depending on the Institute and the charges are borne by the Government of India. In case, the Institute provides hostel accommodation, it is both on single or double occupancy basis depending on the rules of the Institute. Participants are advised to check about the status of hostel on the Institute website. Accommodation, if arranged in a hotel, is on a single-occupancy basis.
- Participants are required to pay for availing services such as: a. Room service, b. Laundry, c. Local and outstation telephone calls, fax, etc.
- Living Allowance Government of India pays (through the Institute concerned) living allowance of Indian Rupees 25,000/- per month, calculated on the basis of arrival and departure dates, for meeting expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, etc.
- Book Allowance Government of India provides book allowance of Indian Rupees 5,000/- for purchase of Course-related books and other items of stationery. For claiming reimbursement, participants are required to submit vouchers.
- Study Tour Participants are taken on study tours to acquaint/familiarize themselves with aspect of history and culture of India as well as to institutions/industries symbolizing modern India as part of their Course Curriculum. Government of India bears cost of approved study tours during the Course.
- Medical Facility Participants selected for training Courses are expected to be medically fit. Medical facility is for ailments of immediate and emergency nature occurring in India. No medical reimbursement allowed for ailments of regular/chronic nature. Participants must carry their own medicines for chronic ailments like diabetes, hypertension, etc. and have to bear the expenditure for medicines and consultation of doctors on their own.